PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ON YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use this website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with this website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through this website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a location in Switzerland (server location) or another location outside Canada.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To create and manage your personal account at Swatch.
- To notify the winners in competitions arranged online.
- To test and improve our systems by which the services are provided.
- To prevent misuse or improper use of our services.
- To send you surveys regarding your satisfaction with our services (performed by Swatch or by third parties on our behalf), products and overall experience in connection with Swatch.
- We may share non-personal, non-individual statistics or demographic information in aggregate form with our marketing partners, advertisers or other third-parties for research purposes. For example, we will not disclose to our marketing partners that you have purchased a specific product or that you are member of Swatch The Club. However, we may disclose to them how many customers have purchased a product or how many people are members of Swatch The Club.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and, unless you ask us or them not to, we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in relevant Canadian legislation
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Who help us to administer this website (such as our internet service providers) or to provide the services you are requesting. These third parties must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as Swatch.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Swatch Group (Canada) Limited or substantially all of its assets or any member of our group are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at The Swatch Group (Canada) Limited, 1105-555 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada or via e-mail.
You have the right not to consent to our use of certain cookies. Please see the section below on cookies for more information on this.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Canadian data protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $15 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We never use or install spyware on your computer, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from your computer.
Like many websites, we use "cookies", which are files stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. Cookies may, for example, help us to identify account holders and to optimize their site experience.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. The help menu on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies all together. You can also disable or delete cookies you have previously accepted if you wish to.
We recommend that you leave cookies "turned on" so that we can offer you a better experience on this website. If you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access parts of our site.
We have set certain cookies on your device. If you choose to block all cookies, you may still use our website, but certain parts of it may not work or may not work as well.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and for us to complete the services you ask for, such as making online purchases. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Functional cookies. These cookies record information about choices you make on the website, such as your user name, language or the region you are in. In this way, we are able to personalize your visit to the website.
Performance cookies. These “analytical” cookies allow us to collect information about how visitors use our website, for example to count visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. They record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
. This helps us to improve the way our website works. Some of these cookies are provided by third parties such as Google Analytics and AddThis.
Social media cookies. These cookies are set by social media platforms and allow you to share website content with social media platforms (e.g, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). We have no control over these cookies as they are set by the social media platforms themselves.
Advertisement cookies. These cookies allow us to deliver tailored advertisements to you on third party websites based on your interests in our products and services manifested during your visit on our website.
We engage in interest based advertising, including retargeting or remarketing technology provided by third parties (“Third Party Providers”), such as:
- Criteo SA, Paris, France, www.criteo.com (“Criteo”),
- DoubleClick, a division of Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, www.doubleclickbygoogle.com, (“DoubleClick”), and
- Google Analytics Advertising Features, a service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland
- Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd. Menlo Park, CA 94025
As set out above, you can, adjust your browser settings to not store such cookies and to delete already stored cookies. You can also opt-out of cookies placed by our Third Party Providers at the following links:
- Criteo: www.criteo.com/privacy
- DoubleClick: https://code.google.com/archive/p/google-opt-out-plugin/
- Google Analytics Advertising Features: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/238318146535333/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/
To opt-out of other third-parties that provide similar services, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada opt-out available at http://youradchoices.ca/choices.
Anonymous data created by using Google Analytics Advertising Features may be used for demographics and interest reporting as well as network impression reporting.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact us.